Adult All Sites

Adult All Sites 

• Server network speed

• All general chat about anything not listed below
All general chat about anything not listed below
 #8595  by nVq5gh
 Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:54 am
Was a server upgrade done in the last day? I've had slow speeds (roughly 100kb/s) since joining the site but suddenly I'm getting 8x that. If you did upgrade, thanks!
 #8631  by Mexicola
 Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:06 am
I've noticed this too actually, due to ISP usage restrictions I usually only download from the site late on in the evening 11-12pm. Not horribly be slow but it seems slower than it used to be, getting about 190 KB/s which is on a 20mb fibre optic line. If I test a file on something like http://hosthop.com/network_tests_tools.html it's more like 5-600 KB/s.

Might be worth looking into although I would have thought more people would have been affected. I think it definitely varies a bit depending on the time of day.
 #8688  by admin
 Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm
The server is running so there are no limitations to connects or bandwidth so everyone should get the fastest speed, obviously when the site is very very busy there may be a slower download speed but it should be too bad. Are there any other members that are experiencing extremely slow speeds relative to their line speed?
 #9185  by admin
 Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 am
Just a quick update on the WIN server, we are having the port speed increased considerably, basically the server will now be able to handle 10 times more traffic at busy times, so anyone that has experienced a slow speed in the past, well, that should be a thing of the past :D

This update should be complete within the next 10-14 days and cause no downtime or disruptions to the site.