Adult All Sites

Adult All Sites 

• Download Speeds - Help needed please

• General support, technical, report problems, deadlinks & other tech queries
General support, technical, report problems, deadlinks & other tech queries
 #26350  by BqRmtg
 Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:59 pm
I am having download speed issue, not just with WIN but other sites and womdering if anyone can help

I am with BT fibre and should get 23-40mb connection - with most adult sites I subscribe to I get a healthy 2.5 to 3 mbps download so a 1gb file takes around 8 mins.

However quite few sites download at a paltry 0.5 to 0.6 mbps which is one fifth of the speed it should be - bizarrely I can download 5 files at a time all at 0.5kbps so the capacity is there but seems the speed is capped ?

Most sites I have had this problem with seem to be European, may be coincidence I guess WIN, CumPerfection, Amour Angels, DirtyFlix for example

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on ?
 #26356  by Steph
 Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 am
I guess there could be a number of things to check - Do you have any software, antivirus, firewall software etc on your PC that could be slowing the connection down or restricting bandwidth for downloads?

Do you get more consistent download speeds if you're connected straight to your router with a wired connection rather than WiFi?

Could BT be restricting or limiting your bandwidth (traffic shaping at certain times of the day)

I'm on BT broadband and my connection is similar (around 50mb) - on today's download - I get a steady 7.3 MB/s - 176 MB of 890 MB, 2 mins left. My download speeds used to be a bit slower before I upgraded my OS to Windows 10 - I used to get around 2.4mbps - 3mbps, but since changing my OS I seem to get much better transfer rates from websites - not just WIN (not sure if it's a coincidence - but that's all that I changed) :ugeek:
 #26361  by BqRmtg
 Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 am
Thanks Steph

I'll try deactivating firewalls and anti-virus - not considered that - you just never know.

I am actually hard wired into my router so I can rule out wi-fi. I had the problem with WIN during my last membership and was subscribed to another site simultaneously - I could literally sign out of WIN and into the other site and my download speed would increase 5 fold. So I think that rules out BT capping my speed.

I am wondering if my BT connection is having issues with certain hosting ? Can you tell me where you host your downloads please.

I've had this problem for some time now - yet any download speed test I do seems fine - yet the fact remains that many sites I join I seem to be limited me to a 500mbps download per file.

I want to fix this as I know you are releasing a VR site soon and the file sizes will be much bigger of course.
 #26365  by admin
 Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:41 am
BqRmtg wrote:Thanks Steph

I'll try deactivating firewalls and anti-virus - not considered that - you just never know.

I am actually hard wired into my router so I can rule out wi-fi. I had the problem with WIN during my last membership and was subscribed to another site simultaneously - I could literally sign out of WIN and into the other site and my download speed would increase 5 fold. So I think that rules out BT capping my speed.

I am wondering if my BT connection is having issues with certain hosting ? Can you tell me where you host your downloads please.

I've had this problem for some time now - yet any download speed test I do seems fine - yet the fact remains that many sites I join I seem to be limited me to a 500mbps download per file.

I want to fix this as I know you are releasing a VR site soon and the file sizes will be much bigger of course.

The data centre which we use for all the current sites is in Canada but we have a choice of multiple locations on the new server which we need for the new VR site. We will be looking to have the data served from US/Canada/Europe server locations so depending on your IP the site should pick the closest to you, hopefully making the download speeds the fastest possible :)