Adult All Sites

Adult All Sites 

• Minor video issues

• General support, technical, report problems, deadlinks & other tech queries
General support, technical, report problems, deadlinks & other tech queries
 #10470  by nVq5gh
 Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:39 am
Firstly I'd like to say I appreciate everything you do and I'm posting this to show my appreciation by trying to help, not to be nagging or ungrateful :)

I have a couple of things to note about the videos, and I'm happy to help with fixing both things if you want.

1) The colours vary between the SD version and HD version of the same video. The HD video's colours are more washed out/lighter and more yellow than the SD one, which can result in skin tone looking less good in the HD version. Your encoder or exporting program should have a colourspace option, if it does I recommend setting the HD preset's colourspace option to the same as the SD one.

For example, here is the SD version:
SD.png

And here is the HD version (resized to SD):
SDfromHD.png

2) The resizing used to scale down to SD seems to be of low quality and cause stepping artifacts. Using a softer resizing algorithm will fix it. If you want specifics for your program I'll be happy to help there too.

Here's the same pic as the first one above but with the stepping artifacts circled to emphasise what I mean. Also it should be noted that these are a lot more noticeable when the video is in motion since it looks like straight lines move, almost like watching interlaced content.
SDCircled.png

Compare to the second image from above, for which I used a softer resizer, and you'll see the artifacts aren't there and even the text in the lower right corner is more readable.
 #10519  by admin
 Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:05 am
Thanks for your feedback. We render the HD and SD clips from the raw content, we dont use the HD to make the SD, so thats not why the SD clips have anti-aliasing and/or other artifact problems issues. But what i will do is render the SD clip from the HD clip to see if that cures that problem. The streaming FLV video from the members area is encoded directly from the HD video, is that ok?
 #10524  by nVq5gh
 Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 am
The streaming version seems to be good yeah, cool :)
I wonder what would make the colours different. I checked in Vegas and don't see any colour settings in the WMV export options. Not a big deal for users anyway I'm just wondering if it could be a bug to report to Sony.