Adult All Sites

Adult All Sites 

• x264 mp4 format option?

• General support, technical, report problems, deadlinks & other tech queries
General support, technical, report problems, deadlinks & other tech queries
 #254  by passby
 Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 pm
Just wondering if x264 .mp4 format could be an option alongside WMVHD for the future?

WMV HD is good but a bit tougher on older processors. You get the same quality with the x264 codec and generally a smaller filesize, plus it'll be much more compatible with other devices. You'd be able to stick it on android/ipad, play/stream to PS3/xbox etc.

Just a suggestion
 #263  by admin
 Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:15 pm
Thats a valid suggestion but as the HD & SD clips are downloaded as zips we would have to tweak the site to cater for another download, it's not a problem doing it, it would just have to be done when the site is being worked on. So i'll get it into the site tweaks and see what can be done.
 #267  by passby
 Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:33 pm
I've wondered about the zips. So thats just how the site code works then?
Always thought it was a bit strange to zip up single files since videos dont compress at all
 #273  by admin
 Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:58 pm
When the site was built, thats how the designer did it, it's so the backend can extract the file, it has to be called the same, ie: video_sd.zip etc ... it's one of the things that is going to be changed but it's like everything, takes forever to get done and i'm no where near qualified to tweak all that kind of stuff ... lol
 #282  by jos2001
 Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:02 am
The good thing about zips is that they don't accidentally start to play when you really want to download it. With the right plug-ins it seems the browser just want to play these files, if you press the left mouse button, of course. And I know from my own experience that browsers easily freeze if you start buffering HD movie files.
But I'm all for making it as easy as possible for as many as possible :)
 #283  by passby
 Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:15 am
Fair point. Though surely everyone knows about right click -> save in this day and age.

Doesn't bother me too much though, just always thought of it as a quirk cos its a bit uncommon and seems to serve no purpose.