Adult All Sites

Adult All Sites 

• WankitNowVR.com - NOW LIVE!

• All general chat about anything not listed below
All general chat about anything not listed below
 #35268  by Keefar
 Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:46 pm
just wondering what devices can watch 8k videos?
are there headsets that dont need a supped up computer?
 #35281  by Kriss_De_Valnor_
 Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:20 pm
Keefar wrote:just wondering what devices can watch 8k videos?
are there headsets that dont need a supped up computer?

I own Oculus Quest 2, it plays 8K VR without any problems and it's a standalone VR set so you don't need to be connected to your PC.
 #35283  by Keefar
 Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:39 pm
thanks for the reply Kriss - i might look into one of those :D
i bet it looks pretty good too - i got a Oculus Go 4 years ago. it was ok but not clear enough, so hopefully Oculus Quest 2 is clear. and i heard you needed to log into Facebook with that? or has that changed now?
 #35285  by Kriss_De_Valnor_
 Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:37 pm
Keefar wrote:thanks for the reply Kriss - i might look into one of those :D
i bet it looks pretty good too - i got a Oculus Go 4 years ago. it was ok but not clear enough, so hopefully Oculus Quest 2 is clear. and i heard you needed to log into Facebook with that? or has that changed now?

I had Oculus Go too but it suffers from screen door effect (you can see individual pixels and grid so it is not super clear) and also it's not powerful enough to play 8K VR videos. Quest 2 is much much better, 8K VR looks fantastic!
 #35288  by Keefar
 Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:45 pm
thanks mate - thats helped me out.
yeah the GO had that crappy screen door effect, so was disappointed with the look of the videos.
but if you say the Quest 2 plays 8K and it looks good, i might have to invest in one.
one more question with it, how do you watch videos on it - stream or download.
wit the GO, i downloaded them and used a wifi adapter to connect my usb external storage to play them. are you able to do that with a Quest 2, or do you have to save them onto the headset (you probably wouldnt be able to save many onto the headset if that was the case)
 #35293  by Kriss_De_Valnor_
 Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:03 pm
Keefar wrote:thanks mate - thats helped me out.
yeah the GO had that crappy screen door effect, so was disappointed with the look of the videos.
but if you say the Quest 2 plays 8K and it looks good, i might have to invest in one.
one more question with it, how do you watch videos on it - stream or download.
wit the GO, i downloaded them and used a wifi adapter to connect my usb external storage to play them. are you able to do that with a Quest 2, or do you have to save them onto the headset (you probably wouldnt be able to save many onto the headset if that was the case)

To be honest I didn't know that trick with wifi adapter and external storage, I just save videos in internal storage. My Quest 2 has 256GB so it's plenty for me - I was lucky because I found a great deal on ebay, it's second hand.

P.S. that 8K VR video Jess West "Horny Work Review" is so so real I don't even want to imagine what happens when Quest 3 hits the market and plays 16K VR!